Sunday, June 27, 2004

out again

Yesterday the doctors decided that Ethan could go home once he was tolerating food. The nurses started the paediasure feeds with the plan to increase them and then go home. At the end of the day he was only up to 20mls per hour (at home we were having 60mls). Things weren't looking too good for a discharge. This was annoying as the vomiting had settled. He hadn't vomitted for a couple of days, however he was getting alot of cramping and pain. He still wasn't eating or drinking either. The doctors decided that it was up to us. We could try going home with a back up plan of being readmitted or wait another night and review him in the morning. We opted on taking him home. A huge decision and I still haven't decided whether it was the right thing to do. He is still miserable and getting a lot of pain. Not too sure how this will impact on radiotherapy this week but I am not expecting a great week.

No comments: